Muncie Mission began providing compassionate rescue services on an immediate and/or long-term basis to the poor and needy of East Central Indiana on October 25, 1930. The Mission had no permanent building. The staff consisted of Eddie Thomas and a few committed volunteers. Since that time, much has changed in the world, culture, and society. Changes and improvements occurred at the Mission that have advanced the ministry. However, the mission of providing compassionate care in the name of Christ remains the same. And, it will continue.