In 2004, Beauty for Ashes Transitional Home opened its doors to women (with and without children) in crisis, in Madison County, Indiana. In January 2018, Beauty for Ashes merged with Muncie Mission and now continues to do their work, as a ministry provided by Muncie Mission.
Muncie Mission works to provide a safe space for women who are working to overcome homelessness and give them the support they need to change their lives. We offer stability, hope and restoration to women and their children, through a Christ-centered structure that focuses on personal and spiritual growth. This 6-18 month program embraces women who desire to change their lives and empowers them to work toward a positive future.
As we move forward into the future please watch for news of growth and expansion of this vital service to women and their children.
Following acceptance into the women’s transitional living program, a woman will find herself in a safe and stable living environment. A case manager will partner with her to help formulate a plan to move forward into her new positive future. Areas covered in individual and group sessions include emotional management, spiritual formation and life skills classes. Other services provided, as needed, are referrals to medical, professional, legal and housing resources within the local community.
If you meet the following criteria and would like to apply to our program, please fill out the application. Meeting the criteria does not guarantee placement in the program. It is, however, an initial indicator that you may be a good fit for the Beauty for Ashes Program.
CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION:
- Must be at least 18 years old & employable
- Must bring no male children over the age of 11
- Must participate in all classes, off-site services, and community service weekly
- Must continue current services provided by other agencies
- Must comply with house rules and regulations for living in the community safely and peacefully
- Those who have experienced domestic violence must be out of domestic violence for 6 months and/or have completed a stay at a DV shelter
- Must be 30 days clean from drug and alcohol use/abuse and actively pursuing recovery (as defined as participating in AA, NA, CR, etc.)
Mail application to: PO Box 2349 Muncie, IN 47307
If you or someone you know is in need of assistance, please call us at (765)288-9122 ext.702.